Unforgettable Taiwan Dramas & More Rants

Truth be told, I can't remember the last time I watch a great Taiwanese drama which makes me a bit reluctant to write this post. However, there are some noteworthy T-dramas that I did really love in the past and still worth watching even though the cinematography might look a bit outdated. I have to say though that I did try watching a few T-dramas recently like the popular Someone Like You featuring hottie Kingone Wang and the queen of sop which is just another typical love story. Though t-dramas are currently in their boring and stagnant state, i did like tiny times 1,0 & 2.0. I thought it was pretty typical but heart warming in a way. It's a movie that you would just watch for fun without being waayy to cheesy and everything was definitely an enjoyable watching experience. I'm so frustrated though because there are some Taiwanese actors and actresses that I absolutely adore such as Rainie Yang, Ivy Chen (Although in Skip Beat....i find her character just way too comical), show luo, and my dear Vic Zhou. I tried to grab my hands on a dvd of Vic Zhou's war drama called Home but it's so hard to find one with English subtitles :( 

Favourite T-Dramas (As of 2015) : 


1. Hi My Sweetheart: Cute, funny, heartwarming, bad ass female character, show luo and Rainie yang have a good, sizzling chemistry. It's definitely something that I enjoyed watching back then but now i would perhaps skip the parts where show luo was still a nerd..... was also put off by the ending but overall it was a great memorable drama!I also became a show luo and rainie yang fans after this drama ended. Even now i'm still on the lookout for their upcoming dramas and movies!


Those Sweet days when I still love dramas like this :') 



2.Silence: Possibly one of the most heart wrenching Taiwanese dramas that I watched and it starred the famous ice prince Vic Zhou. He portrays his character perfectly and I love the story line of this drama also even though it's a bit tragic. The love of the main leads are beautiful even though it's tragic. 

3.Black and White: Another drama that shows Vic Zhou in a different light. He was more playful, a bit more complex in this drama, and I love seeing Ivy Chen here. She's such a cutie and I think im bias towards her so i'm going to stop now. Keep in mind that this is an action drama with lots of twists and turns which I like so the romance is not the focus of this drama. 


too darn lazy to search other pictures so i hope that this picture will be enough to make you want to watch his dramas lol!
4. I want to become a hard persimmon: A cheery High School drama that is definitely for a younger audience. It starred Ivy chen and yep its pretty typical but I love it when I watched it years ago. 

5. Smiling Pasta: Cute and heartwarming drama that can make you smile. Nicholas teo is not the most handsome but i love him here. It's also a family related drama which is nice to see because not everything revolves around love. I watched this long ago and I didn't mind the typical love story back then but I can still remember this drama in a good light. 

6. At the dolphin bay: Probably the drama that started my drama addiction. I used to be so crazy with this drama that I loved anything related to dolphins. I raved about it like a deranged kid that literally my whole big family watched it, along with grandma and aunts. If I think about it now, I am a really unusual kid like literally my cousin was always watching cartoon networks back then and I watch this kind of sappy & adult dramas....... therefore, i think that It's definitely an unforgettable drama for me despite its flaws. Anyways, I would still recommend it if you are looking for a love story that's a bit sad and heartwarming. Don't expect too much though because keep in mind that this was produced many many years ago. 

Other good old dramas that you can try watching: 100% Senorita, endless love, sunshine angel, the rose. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

This is how we escape the mediocrity of our life