The Radical Mind

The only certainty in one's life is uncertainty...

I have decided to not only blog about dramas or movies, I'm actually going to rant about various things in my life. why? Because surprisingly i found blogging to be quite therapeutical and inspiring. It's also a way to keep tabs on what inspired me so i can use it as a reference if i need any inspiration. Anyways, this blog will be about various things and it'll be filled with the randomness of my thoughts.

Anyway, since i'm running out of Asian dramas to watch and have been crazily repeating the same dramas over and over again, i have decided to read some books. There's one motivational and inspirational book that I'm completely in awe with. It's called The art of Creative Thinking and it's written by Rod Judkins. I can completely relate with this book and it just speaks my exact sentiments that I have been burying inside my mind. I might do a blog post about this book because I just feel the need to share it to the world. Before that, I would like to share some of my favourite quotes that I retrieved from that book which I once again repeat is a must buy especially for those who are working/studying in a creative industry.



-Acrylic on paper & Aluminium Foil-
// Living Ecstatically //
m.s

__________________


"All these creative thinkers poured their obsessions into their work and ignored the practicalities. To be true to an idea, you have to value expression over perfection, vitality over finish, movement over the static, and form over function. "

"It's the addicts that stay with it. They're not necessarily the most talented, they're just the ones that can't get it out of their system."

"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd."

"You have no responsibility to live up to others' expectations, but you do have a responsibility to live up to your own expectations."

"Flow is being completely involved in an activity for its own sake. The ego falls away. Time flies. Every action, movement, and thought follows inevitably from the previous one, like playing jazz."

"Working at night is magical. Surrounded by dark and silence we can access a world closed to others. It's like another planet."

          __________________
   



I thought that no one can understand me but this book come close in understanding my inner discord. Those who are close to me might think i'm a strange creature, for behaving and thinking differently, but honestly I really don't care. In a world that wants people to follow the mainstream ways just for their own convenience, I am glad that this book brought a newly revived faith in me to stay true to my strange and peculiar self.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

This is how we escape the mediocrity of our life